Screw conveyors, also called helical conveyors are applied for the transportation of loose material, as well as fine-grained, moist, sticky, caking and undergoing the mixing process.
They are applied as the dosing equipment for other types of equipment.
Depending on the type and texture of the material transported, they are various types of screw conveyors are used as follows: complete, ribbon-shaped and scapular. The maximum angle of transportation is 15 º.
Loading and unloading of the load material may take place in any section of the screw conveyor.
The special construction of the screw conveyors are adjusted to the specific requirements relating to the transportation
of the load material.
In the case of the transportation of material:
– very dusty, a sprinkling system is fixed,
– of increased temperatures (up to 350 ºC), a special construction of inner bearings and a trough with a water
jacket are applied,
– at large angles (30-90º), tubular trough screw conveyors are applied,
– foodstuffs, toxic, strongly abrasive etc; elements of a conveyor made form special types of materials are applied,
– requirement of dosing, a dosing unit and a scapular screw is used in the transportation sections
Screw conveyors are utilized in in the industries of construction materials, foodstuffs, processing and mining.
Their small dimensions lead to the fact that they are functional and enjoy great popularity among clients.
Screw conveyors transport materials in a horizontal, slanted or vertical direction.
Screw conveyors occur in various lengths.
They may be of several metres or up to 100m in length and are frequently utilized in the food and processing industries,
while also in the cement and derivatives industries.